Friday, May 9, 2014

Emergency Banana Bread

I call this an emergency banana bread mix because I am in one of these situation when I make this:

1. My banana is about to rot
2. Friends are coming and I forgot to buy some thing for tea
3. Friends are over for a meal and ...I have nothing but bananas
4. I just feel like something needs to go with my coffee

Its super easy, not a very delicate cake but just good enough especially toasted under a grill. Its one bowl so I don't need to do too many washing up! 

Emergency one-bowl banana bread

2-3 over ripe banana, mash then squirt a little lemon juice
1.5 cups whole meal self raising flour
1/3 cup of raw sugar
1/3 cup melted butter or olive oil
1 tp vanilla
2 eggs

All in a bowl. Zap it with a mixer or just spoon mix.

Pop it in a preheated oven at 160c for 45 minutes.

Tadaaa.

Add almonds or walnuts if you like. Or a tsp of cinnamon spice. Once cooled I dust the top with icing sugar.

When warm...its nice and soft. As it cools...it toughens out a bit which then becomes excellant toasted with butter! Its an extremely forgiving mix. Use half white, half whole meal if you want a softer version. Or more sugar and butter for a sweeter/fatter version.

I forgot to take a photo fresh off the oven and dusted with sugar. Whats left...in the photo!

i

last photo is an update of my day after banana bread...toasted with butter!


No comments: