Monday, May 12, 2014

Spicy Fusion Penne Arabiata

On days that I feel a little lazy but still feel like some wicked zing especially if there is a movie to watch...I cook a spicy penne arabiata.

With all things in my cooking, its fusion. I take italian and look at my asian pantry and go hmmm.

I use dry hot chilli and sweet chilli sauce to add the zing.

Here it is!

Spicy fusion Penne Arabiata
  • Penne, cook al dante for two
  • 1 tblsp chopped garlic
  • 1 tsp part dried chilli 
  • 2 tblsp thai sweet chilli sauce
  • 6-8 mini roma tomatos, halved.
  • Prefried choritzo or bacon or both
  • Use the pot you've used to cook the pasta, heat it up with 2 tblspn of oil. Once hot....
  • Throw in garlic, wait it slightly brown.
  • Throw in dry chilli, wait for about 30 seconds.
  • Throw in half the romas that has been halved.

Finally pour the sweet chilli sauce into the pot. Stir to mix then turn off heat.

All this happens within 5 minutes and is very quick after the garlic browns as you must not let the chilli burn.

Not that the heat is off, mix in your pasta, choritzo and fresh tomatoes.

You can squeeze a bit of lemon before serving. And garnish with coriander or you can keep to the traditional parsley.

Didn't I tell you its all fusion?

Tadaaa!

I cook the choritzo the same time as the pasta so this whole meal will take about 15 minutes, prep to serve.

Sometimes, I add fetta on it if I feel a little 'hardworking' but can go without.

Spices!

Perfect with cold white wine

No comments: